The trials for the 2021 Inter towns and Country Week teams wil take place on March 12th, 13th and 14th. There may be more than one round of trials depending on numbers.
The different age groups will try out on different days to give all players a fair opportunity to make a squad. The exact details will be updated later.
Each club is expected to have a representative on the selection panels and each club is also invited to propose persons to coach squads through to country week.
Any player registered to an affiliated club is eligible to try out.
Selection decisions will be based primarily on performance and ability; however, we will also consider:
- attendance and punctuality at competition, training, and squad events (commitment)
- good sportsmanship and ability to bond with others (values and teamwork)
- abiding by our Association’s Code of Behaviour on and off the field (behaviour). Please note that bullying, racial vilification and sexist or sexual harassment will not be tolerated in any circumstance.
Please note the following. Players
- must have paid their deposit of $500 before Friday May 28th. (Extensions to this date may be approved in certain circumstances by the KDJSA committee- please approach a committee member or your club president.) The deposit will be refunded only as follows: 40% up to one week before the Inter Towns competition. Exceptions on an individual basis will be considered for injury or illness that prevents play.
- must commit to playing in both the Inter Towns competition and the Country Week competition.
- must continue to train and play with their club teams throughout the regular season. Failure to fulfill club commitments will disqualify eligibility for the representative team.
- must have paid any outstanding amount owed for attending country week four weeks before the competition starts.
- may be precluded from selection if there is a concern about their ability to compete safely or if their participation poses a risk to others.
IMPORTANT: Any parent or guardian who is considering letting a player try for a squad should refer to this document which you will be required to sign on the day of the first trial: